Friday, April 6, 2012

Soundtrack

Every song in my Itunes has a memory. Most of the songs I listen to remind me of Ben. Let me give you a few examples.
1. Blame It On The Changes by Dashboard Confessional. I remember laying on my bed in my dorm room at Husson. My roommate was gone, so we had a chance to cuddle and relax. I remember how stressed I was, but when I was with him it was like all of it didn't matter. This song was on repeat.
2. Addicted by Saving Abel. This song ALWAYS came on the radio while we were together. Ben would  always turn it up and laugh. It makes me remember all of the time we've spent in a vehicle, just trying to get away for a while.
3. Twisted by Carrie Underwood. This was Ben's theme song for a long time when we first met. Everyone told me to stay away from him, and I didn't want to. His brothers don't exactly have the best reputation, so everyone thought he was the same. This song describes the situation perfectly, and honestly it still does.
4. Slow Down by The Academy Is. This song reminds me of Ben when we first started to get close. Things were so innocent, and wonderful. We used to talk for hours on the phone, and I remember hearing this song in the background. I've never felt that way about anyone...being able to talk to them for days and days without stopping, and never running out of things to say.
5. The Only Exception by Paramore. The night of my 16th birthday. It seems like so long ago it's crazy...but it honestly feels like just yesterday. That was the night I trusted him enough to give him everything. It felt so right. Nothing in my life has ever felt so right. Like it was meant to happen....

No comments:

Post a Comment